Please Note : Swarmandal Library works with Native Instruments Kontakt 5.4.2 or Higher (Full Version).Free Players works for 30 minutes.
The name Swarmandal combines swara (notes) and mandal (group) , which represents the ability to produce a group of notes. This instrument is used as an accompanying instrument for vocal Hindustani classical music. It is also known by the name of Sur-mandal.
The Beatles’ 1967 single “Strawberry Fields Forever” features a swarmandal, played by George Harrison, as does “Within You Without You”, from the band’s Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album.
About Swarmandal Library
Main purpose of Swarmandal Library is to have
1) The ability to produce “raga pakad” phrases (melodic theme of raga) on the keyboard in a realistic way.
2) The ability to play swarmandal chromatically on keyboard which is not possible with real instrument
With this library you can map your own raga phrase in mapping zone to create a swarmandal effect and also use the playing range to play your melody.
30 Raga Presets are included within the library along with quick basic notes on each raga .
The library was recorded with plectrum and thumb , all the strings were plucked in specific way which is very similar to “Sarod” plucking style creating a rounded stable sound. Overall instrument sounds really emotional due to the careful plucking style.
We have included extra features like legato , velocity sensitive choke , Each note micro tuning controls and Unison pluck /finger articulation with detuning effect in the instrument. All these features make this instrument playable and unique sounding instrument.
Instrument comes with two mic position and some basic effect section.
Best Wishes and Love
• 2500+ samples and 2 mic mix positions
• One master patch with all controls on interface
• Plectrum , Thumb and Unison Plectrum/Thumb articulations
• Detuning effect on Unison Plectrum/Thumb articulations
• Mapping Mode for creating Swarmandal Effect
• 34 string chromatically sampled
• Legato Mode
• Velocity sensitive choking via Key-Switch
• Individual pluck micro tuning and ADSR control
• Global ADSR
• Swarmandal Sample Size – 1.72 GB NCW compressed.
• Bonus Raga Presets
• Sample Resolution : 44.1khz/24 bit
• Format : Kontakt
• Note : Free Kontakt player will only work for 30 minutes. Product work with Kontakt 5.4.2 or higher full retail version only
• The “Add Library” import process do not support this standard format Kontakt library but you can use Kontakt file browser to load .nki Instruments